Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 32

Today was another fantastic day.

I got up... and hit the snooze bar several times because I knew that taking a shower wasn't going to take nearly as long. Drying off was really really easy, too. Got dressed and put on my new hair piece and went to work.
Oh my gosh! I can't believe all the comments I got at work. Everyone absolutely loved my new hair cut and color. I will have to take a picture of me in it and post. No one knew except for the people who I told at work. I was going to tell my team that I have breast cancer... but there was no time to take them off of the phones as a whole... and with everyone loving my hair... why should I? I know that I will tell them.
 
So today was a great day. No aches, pains, nausea or anything... just a run of the mill day. I know that I am tired, but that's because I went to bed late. That's my own doing. I had absolutely no calls from any of the doctors... that seems like a first! Tomorrow I go in for a quick blood draw to make sure my platelets and what not are doing okay. Then on Wednesday I go in for my port. Brad got the go ahead to take some time off. We are so lucky that Brad got the same supervisor so there's no "introduction" period.
 
When I got home today... I got a HUGE surprise from some of my friends. I have to go back a little bit and give you a little history. Out of the 11 people that pitched in for my surprise, I've only met 1. Yes, 1... and that was only because she lives about 35 minutes away... on the other side of town from me. But I am one lucky woman right now. These 11 fabulous girls I "met" on the internet when I was trying to conceive Amelia. That was five years ago. I met them on a fabulous online board. We were all trying to conceive our first, second or third child. We immediately bonded over our attempts month after month to get that child. Some of us are done trying now... meaning we've maxed out the number of bedrooms to kids ratio (:P), just done or still trying for more! In any case, this group of fantastic ladies sent me an awesome care package straight from the heart. I also have my dear husband to thank because he helped facilitate a few things... I'm told. Monty I love you for reaching out to Brad and asking him to get a list of books I'm interested in... In any case, I got this HUGE box filled with goodies.


Filled in the box was letters of love and encouragement from Yo, Brooke, Jen (she's the only one I've met and is my BFF), Annie, Olivia (let's arrange to meet in September as I will be in Lake Tahoe), Monty (& Kell), Ann, Kate, Kelli, Dawn and Kris. In addition I got: a water 25oz water bottle, homemade chocolate chip cookies, Suduko book, Tazo Rest tea, apricot scrub, loofa, metallic nail polish, soft lips sticks, socks, lounging pants, Warm vanilla sugar anti-bacterial moisturizing hand lotion, the book "Death Comes to Pemberley", a gift certificate to Jamba Juice, Spa Finder and my favorite... Taco Bell! And... my very talented Annie embroidered a bag with a pink ribbon on it that reads "Fight like a girl", matching outfits that have the pink ribbon and words for both Amelia and Elaina and finally a pink bow attached to a headband that I can wear on my beautiful bald head. I am so so so so so lucky to have such wonderful friends. I was thoroughly shocked and couldn't believe how much I am loved. Again... love you all! I can't wait for Thursday now... I can't wait to pack my new bag with my new book and snacks for chemo. And perfect timing for the book... as a co-worker of Evelyn's got me a pink ribbon bookmark.

4 comments:

  1. Holly, I have read every word of your blog & want to thank you for taking me on this journey with you. You are my hero! I love your positive attitude, hearing about your loving friends and having a sense of connection. You know I'm here if you need me. Love you & drink lot's of water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is quite a haul! So glad you like it all. And yes, you are absolutely loved!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know we all feel like we're fighting with you, even if we can't come hold your hand! We were all so glad to be able to give you some 'comfort me' stuff. Love you lots!! :)

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete