Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 52 - Monday After

Sitting here on the couch watching endless television. Still feeling really lousy. Feeling better than yesterday, but still waiting to get that good punch of "I feel great." I guess what I am waiting for is my tummy to say "feed me." Right now it's saying I'm hungry, but don't feed me that or that or that. So that means that I have to pick and choose my foods carefully. So far today I have had an english muffin. I had some chicken broth. I also had a little bit of mashed potatoes. I have thrown up. But that was earlier today. I think that I threw up twice. I don't really remember at this point. I did have a white castle burger at around 2a. I woke up hungry. But that came right back up. That wasn't a good move. :( Seemed like it at that time. I know that ginger ale gives me some reflux and my belly doesn't like it. I have managed to drink and keep apple juice down. Currently I am snacking on potato chips. Maybe my belly will like salt. Oh yes, I have eaten jello. It counts as liquid!

My day so far has consisted of working a little from home. I have my laptop from work, and I can monitor my team from my bed. It was nice to do that. I also jumped in the shower and got all nice and clean. It had been awhile. I checked my breast and it looked weird. But a good weird. On my left nipple, the right side of the nipple is finally all out. It's not inverted at all! On the left side, it continues to come out. I know that the skin near the nipple there is not as taut. That means the tumor is shrinking. Next week I will know for sure. That's when I go in for my u/s. I am nervous but excited. I know it can only be good news. I only wish that they would say, Okay, Holly. We don't need to do any more chemo. We'll go straight to the next type of chemo. Yea, right. I want to get this part gone.

Today, all I can say is that I only have hours until tomorrow when I will start feeling more and more like myself. Thank you for all the well wishes!

1 comment: