Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 94 - How much fun can a girl have?

So last week my fun consisted of the fact that I may have to give myself injections for a week. Well, that has come and gone. Now I have to go in for an ultrasound for my spleen!

Last night my back was starting to hurt and ache. This is on my left side around my rib cage. This is where my spleen sits. Apparently the spleen is something that deals with white blood cells and the making of platelets and such. You can google search it. In anycase, part of the side effects of either the chemo-sucky or the Neulasta, an enlarged spleen could be a side effect. So it starts with an achiness or something to that fact. The ache didn't go away this morning so at 7:55a I called Dr. Luoh. I went home at lunch to await his call. I didn't get a call until 11a! Good thing it wasn't an emergency. Ha! So I gave the symptoms to his nurse, Angie and she said she'd talk to Dr. L and call me back. I finally got a call back around 2p. She said that Dr. L wants me to get an ultrasound of the spleen and then a blood test. She said that since the last time I went in and got blood work done, my white blood counts were really high. So who knows what this will mean.

So tomorrow I go to Legacy Mt. Hood Medical Center for my ultrasound. The appointment is scheduled for 815a. Either I can go get my blood drawn before or after the u/s. They wanted me to do it at OHSU, but the earliest they could get me in is Friday and Dr. L didn't want to wait that long. Uh, duh! Tonight my last meal will be at midnight, as I cannot eat anything eight hours before my ultrasound. I can drink which is a life saver. I'm supposed to be drinking lots and lots. I can take tylenol or ibuprofen for the pain. I did take some but that was more for the leg aches that shoot through me every so often.

I did talk to Angie about my neuropathy. She told me to keep track of it and to tell the doctor if it gets worse. The toes are tingly. The finger tips are also tingly. She told me to use hot mitts for hot things and to wear slippers around the house. Check and check. Grrr... this is so annoying. I hate chemo-sucky. I hate cancer even more. Stupid.

On a funny note, I had just come home from picking up the girls at daycare. The phone rang as I brought Amelia inside the house. She's very fond right now of answering the phone. She wanted to answer the phone, but I got to it first because I had a feeling it was the doctor's office wanting to schedule the u/s. It was Angie on the phone. Well, I couldn't have a conversation with her without Amelia saying she wanted to say hello. I asked Angie if she could say hello. She said absolutely. Angie understands because she has a two and five year old. So Amelia said hi and she was good.

We had a lovely day - the girls and I. We watched Angelina Ballerina (it was an ice skating episode) on TV and then ice skated around the kitchen. We did leaps and twirls. Amelia baked for me. Elaina ate ice cream. So it was a good day except for the dumb achy pain on my left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment