Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 205 - A little hair & PT

What an awesome day I had! Yes... it was a good day. Today was the first day that I wore no fake hair to work! Yep, I ditched the wig. Last Friday was the last day that I told myself I was going to wear it. It felt so good not putting on the fake hair. Plus, I didn't get hot! I think that's a big part of my hot flashes at work... the darn wig. I mean, it's like having a hat on at work. So, lots of people said I looked really good. A few women said I looked like a model and other said the style was super chic. Even a guy said that he liked my new coif. :) But it felt very liberating coming to work without something on top of my head. Now I just need to get it cut and colored. If you're wondering, it's about an inch long. Some places it's shorter. Other places a little longer. And it's straight. Straight, straight, straight. No curl. And the texture is about the same as my old hair.

On another hair note, I am just getting over a cold... and I have found that when I didn't have nose hairs, the snot got out much easier. Now that I have nose hair, the snot seems to stick in my nose. Most annoying. Yea, it's a little thing. But I'll get over it.

Today at physical therapy for my cording, my range of motion is improving. I can now go to about 170 degrees in either direction/stretch. I will almost be discharged. I find that the finger walking exercises help the most. That's where you stand facing a wall and then walk your fingers up it while keeping your shoulder down. I can get it almost stretched flush with the wall... or the door jamb in my case because my boobies won't squish down. I do the same thing, but do it so I am standing parallel to the wall stretching my arm out to the side. I can now do "carpet" angels. So exciting to do that on the floor with my two girls. The cording is still there, but it's not as huge. Up in my armpit, it's hard to find and definitely can't see it. If you poke around, you can find it in my arm and definitely in the crook of my arm. It's very thin like a piano or a guitar string. But it's not limiting me anymore. I can do most everything. Every so often, it hurts to stretch my arm - but that's mainly when I am stretching to get something on the top shelf of a cupboard.

Tomorrow I start my first of 28 radiation treatments. Sooo excited to start. It's the beginning of the end. I'll have to put a ticker on my blog to show the countdown! Hee hee! Other than that, I will surely post everything about radiation. I plan to tell you what happened at the mapping, too.

1 comment:

  1. I just love you SO much!! I am SO proud of you!! I know you looked gorgeous and how liberating! You are amazing! I can't wait for this last chapter to be over! I will be thinking of you as you start radiation! Keep fighting!!!

    ReplyDelete