Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 215 - Radiation #7

Nothing new. I was a little late to my radiation appointment. I blame nasty traffic on I-84. But I got there. Fact #7: When the "tech du jour" is lining me up for radiation, s/he uses a hand pendent. It's a corded remote control that goes to the radiation bed. I even got to move Dan around on it. He said that he lets all little kids have a whirl... so today I felt like I was five. :) Behind me there is a monitor and they have several numbers - they correspond to the collimator (not the little ones I talked about previously), the bed and where the actual machine is (cause it circles around me).

Following radiation, I got home and climbed up into our attic to grab the kiddie pool. I filled it up in the front yard under the maple tree. By the time I got home with the kids, the water was warm and the tree was casting a shadow over the pool. It was so bloody hot. I think it was in the 90s. Pretty darn close to 100. I know that the forecast for tomorrow is 100! Same for Friday. Thank goodness for a/c.

No comments:

Post a Comment