Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 130 - B-Day! Mastectomy Scheduled

B-day... and I don't mean birthday. Yes, I am coding my double mastectomy as B-day, short for Boob Day.

After three days of back and forth calls between the surgeon scheduler, I finally have a date of my double mastectomy... Friday, June 15. As Brad says... Happy Father's Day! It took so long because I have to have two surgeons with two different specialties. Coordinating their schedules can be taxing at times. First my breast surgeon wasn't available. Then the rescontruction surgeon wasn't available. So on Tuesday I got a call from the breast surgeon scheduler telling me that Dr. Naik emailed Dr. Thaker (reconstruct) - who was on vacation for the week - asking her to see if she had any time open the week of June 11. Dr. Thaker then had to call her scheduler... and I guess many calls between the two schedulers they found time. There was apparently a cancellation for June 15 and, well, that's good for me. I am glad. I don't know what time my surgery will be, but I hope it's early. I will know the time the day before. My next appointment is a pre-op appointment with Dr. Thaker. That's on June 4. We will go over the pre-op stuff, complications, consent form, pick out the type of tissue expanders I'd like and answer any other questions I might have.

So, I only have 24 more days of my teeny, tiny defective boobs.

Oh, and I do apologize for my lack of posting... I've been busy with the girls, work and just really don't have too much news to report.


I do want to give a shout out to my girl out there... fingers crossed. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. That's right around the corner! Good thing there was a cancellation. I'll be cheering you on from the east coast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the day before my birthday! I will be thinking of you!! <3 ya hun. :)

    ReplyDelete