Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 114 - No DNA Mutations!

So I've got more good news to report. Dr. Luoh released my test results for my likelihood of being predispositioned to getting blood clots. I checked mychart on OHSU's website. The two DNA mutations Dr. Luoh was looking for came back as negative for mutations. Here's one of the results:

Prothrombin mutation analysis shows that there is no mutation in either copy of the prothrombin gene at nucleotide 20210.

And here's the other result:

The Factor V Leiden mutation analysis shows that there is no mutation in either copy of the Factor V gene at codon 506.

So that's good news. Any news is good news, right? Yay!

And now I have yet another appointment scheduled... the clinic called today to schedule an appointment with the gyn-oc. So I see Dr. Melissa Moffitt on May 17. All my doctors visits will be next Thursday. It was funny, the clinic called and said that she wanted to schedule an appointment. I had to ask, "Um... what specialty are you calling about?" Does no one say what clinic or specialty they are scheduling for? Most annoying. So this afternoon I text my OBGYN to ask if she knew this doctor. She said to make sure that I look for the words "minimally invasive" when speaking to her. Good to know. :)

I'm am trying to get on a health kick right now. I have gained about 10-11 pounds in the past 4 months (good thing). I tried very hard to make sure I didn't lose any. But now I want to change that weight into muscle. And now that I am nearing the end of my treatment and feeling better, I feel like I can do more activities. So I am doing my sit ups again, eating less junk food and walking more. Yesterday I took the kids to the park. Nice one mile walk pushing a stroller. Today we danced around the living room.

I also want to give a shout out to one of my fellow chemo-sucky friends... his WMDs are doing its job as his tumor marker went from 225 to 45. Low numbers are good in this world. Very exciting.

Oh and Aunt Patti... I can't wait to see this week's card! I love receiving them. :) I enjoy the drawings!

I feel like I want to write more and I am forgetting... but I just can't figure out what I was going to write. Oh well. I'll remember and post later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment