Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 258 - Peel & Heal

Sorry that I haven't posted in awhile. Following my last post, I got busy with trying to get ready for a long weekend trip. Yay!

Last weekend the family went to Nevada for my Dad's wedding. We left for Reno on Thursday... so all the days leading up to it I was busy packing and doing last minute stuff. Then we were gone Thursday, Friday, Saturday (wedding day!), Sunday and then back Monday. Then it was just trying to get back into the swing of things.

So here's what's happened in the last 10 days. First off, my skin is starting to peel and heal from radiation. The part where the blister was under my arm is now nice and pink... like a good healthy pink. Before it was awful pink - like hot pink. Now it's a nice healthy light pink. Each day my crispy skin is peeling. The bits and pieces of skin look like Thanksgiving Day turkey skin - tan and crispy. I'm not too sure about taste, though. Not going there. In addition to the peeling under my arm, the skin right under my boob is also peeling in big crispy chunks. The rest of the breast is doing good. It's turning tan and then peeling like a normal sunburn would. There's no discomfort anymore. I was putting silvadene under my arm last week. But now I am putting lotion all over to keep it moist and not dry. I do believe the worst is over.

Next week (Tuesday) I have my two week check up with Dr. Marquez. I am certainly impressed with the way things are healing and I have a feeling that I will be able to get my tissue expander exchange surgery done this year. I want it all on one deductible. Anywho, I'll let you know how that appointment goes. My arm did get a little stiff because of the peeling under my arm. But I am back to stretching it every day. Doing my finger crawls along the wall and such. I am just happy that I am able to sleep on my left side again.

I finally got an appointment with my replacement oncologist, Dr. Chui. My appointment is October 19. So that will be good. I really want to start Phase 4 of my treatment.

As for work... it's been crazy busy. We just went through shift bids again. I got my same shift. So I work 4a-1230p Monday through Friday. I don't like waking up that early, but hey, it's a weekday shift.

Other than that... not much else to update you all on.

Just Congratulations Dad and Karen. We enjoyed the three hour cruise! Can't wait to cruise again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment