Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 193 - Cording & Physical Therapy

Today was a great day. After work I went to physical therapy for my arm (cording). I was doing my stretching exercises to warm up and I could tell that my range of motion was really increasing. I have been working really hard to get my arm stretched and loose. Part of the issue is my pectoral muscle. The tightness there is really hindering my progession. I mean you have to remember the tissue expanders are under the pec muscles. Every time I get a fill, it makes the pectorals tight again. So anyway, we took my range of motion and I was at 155 degrees for flection (raising my arm straight in front of me) and 130 for abduction (raising my arm to the side). When I first started those numbers were really low. After therapy each number increased by 5 more degrees. Last PT session, the first number was at 140 and the second number was at 115. I am making progress. :) The stretch that I am working on a lot is the one where you put your hands behind your head and try to stretch the arms back. The stretch reminds me of a boss leaning back in his chair and kicking his legs up on the desk.

Tomorrow I have another fill. Who knows how much of a fill I will have. I do know that it will be under 85cc's since that killed me last week. Jason is back and I am so happy for that.

Other than that, I took a nap this afternoon. Both girls didn't have a nap at daycare, so I decided to throw them in bed here and then I could take a nap too! Worked out perfectly. Today we had a "special" visitor at work. I wore a dress... which I don't do very often. I thought I looked pretty snazzy and I got to fill out the top portion of the dress which was even better. Hee hee!

1 comment: