Saturday, January 19, 2013

Really? A letter?

So I've done away with counting the days. I am going to do mile markers... significant days. I guess the next marker will be on the 25th where I learned I wasn't going to die and I was going to beat the cancer.

Funny thing... I got a letter from OHSU earlier this week. It was from the diagnostic imaging services department. Hmmm... so I tore open the letter and it was asking me to schedule my appointment for a mammogram. It had to have been just an auto-generated letter, because they would have found I've had numerous MRIs, PET scans and mammograms in the past year. The funniest part of the letter:

"Be aware that many breast cancers do not produce symptoms."

Why I felt that was funny, I don't know. Maybe it's my sense of humor or maybe the fact that I've gone through cancer. Either way, it was sort of a generic letter and OHSU shouldn't send out letters like this without cross referencing the patient's chart.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, these are auto generated letters, but even at our Cardiology office we review the patient's appt history before sending them out, for things like this...Rebecca

    ReplyDelete