Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Oh Dear!

Wowsers... some things have happened in the last few months. Namely, I got a new boob.

On September 12, I woke up feeling like poo. My left breast was red and I was in pain. There was puss coming out of my breast and I knew something was really wrong. I called my doctor. She saw me that morning. And I was admitted into the hospital with an infection. To make a long story short, I was started on vancomycin. The next day, I got a PICC line in my right arm. And that evening I was whisked into emergency surgery. Dr. Thakar took out my old implant and washed out the cavity. She then placed a brand new implant in. I spent 5 days in the hospital.

Now I am on nafcillan for a staph infection (not MRSA). I am getting it though an IV, so I am attached to a pump and IV bag 24/7. It's really irritating. Last week, my infectious doctor put me on rosephin. I was excited to be on that drug because I would only have to administer it once a day and wouldn't be attached to a pump. However, I developed an allergic reaction - hives, itchy throat and my eye started to swell up. Um, it was a no go. I was pumped full of benadryl and put back on my old antibiotic.

So here I am... still healing. Wishing that I felt better. Turns out that there was a part of my scar that didn't heal all the way. It started to expand and then the infection got in making the hole bigger. I went from okay to severely not okay really quickly because it was the radiated side. If it had happened on my right side, I probably would not have noticed.

4 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! Crazy, I am so glad you are ok. I hope you heal fast. Many prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, I am a second year Physiotherapy student studying at the University of Queensland in Australia. I came across your blog whilst researching post-masectomy physical therapy exercises. I spent hours just sitting at my laptop , reading through your blog entries and it really gave me an insight into the process of breast cancer and the reality behind treatment. Your heartfelt entries brought smiles and tears, and also admiration. They really put what we've been learning in the lectures and practical classes about Breast cancer and Lymphoedema Management into a practical patient-oriented context. I have shared your blog with other physio students. You are such a inspiration and wow, I am just astounded by your fierce courage and perseverance, and above all, your upbeat optimism. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us and also for motivating me even more to become a Physiotherapist. I wish you the very best in your treatment and hope you are well.

    Love Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. It's amazing how far the internet reaches. I do hope that the blog offers good insight for your training and studying. If you need any more information (from my point of view) please don't hesitate to ask. And yes, please share. It will make the experience between you and your patients personable. Good luck with your studies!

      Delete
  3. Dr Itua cures my Breast Cancer & HIV, I have been an ARV Consumption for 10 years then got Breast Cancer 6 months. I have been in pain until I came across Dr Itua on a blog site. I emailed him about my details of my HIV & Breast Cancer and my location I explained everything to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cure me, he gave me guarantee, He asks me to pay for items fees so when I'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV & Breast Cancer and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua. I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days. Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work. My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and the rest of my friends did too, Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what I'm talking about if you have the same problem I was having then not now though. I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center. I have his calendar too that he recently sent me, He Cures all kind disease Like, Cancer,Weak Erection, Wart Remover,Hpv, Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease, Heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy,Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Brain Cancer, Lung Cancer, Infertility,Parkinson's disease, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Epilepsy disease, small-round-cell tumor Diabetes,Celiac disease, Ataxia, Arthritis, measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio, Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma, Asthma, Allergic diseases.Hiv/Aids,Herpe ,Copd, Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back. Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete