Thursday, May 23, 2013

At last!

The twins will be here tomorrow!

Tomorrow morning I have my tissue expander/implant exchange... as well as my oophorectomy. I am so excited for this surgery. This afternoon I had my last meal. I just finished taking the magnesium citrate which will help me clear my system out (hint... go for the flavored stuff. The cherry wasn't bad.). For the next 6 hours or so, I will be on a liquid diet. Luckily I gorged on Taco Bell! Yummy. If I am not going to be able to eat for awhile, I want it to be full of calories and not good for me. Hee hee!

Tonight in order to prep for my surgery, I have to shower with the soap that surgeons use to disinfect their hands. In addition, I have to shower with the same stuff tomorrow morning. My wake up call... around 4a. I have to be at the hospital at 5.30. Am I nervous? At times I am. But I am excited... new forever-perky-boobs and permanent birth control. Can't beat that, right?

Dr. Thakar is going to use new implants. The implants are called cohesive silicone implants. They are nicknamed "gummy bear" implants. Europe has been using the implants for awhile now. However, they were just approved in the last few years here in the U.S. CLICK HERE for more information on the implants. Dr. T is going to put them in me and see how they look. If they look good, there they will stay. If they don't look right, we'll go to the original silicone implants. The cohesive ones are great because they feel like breast tissue. There's no liquid inside the implant to move around. She says that it looks better on women who are think like me. There's less "rippling." They also last longer. The only bad thing: she'll put in a drain if she uses the cohesive implants. So I hope that I come out of surgery with drains. :)

After my surgery, I will wake up with nothing around me... meaning I won't be bandaged up and I won't have a bra on. Nice.

Nothing else to report really. I just can't wait to feel a little more comfortable. I am looking forward to having the tissue expanders out of me. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you today Holly! Hello twins and goodbye periods!

    ReplyDelete